Welcome to Clover Leaf Lakes...
2015 Cloverleaf Lakes Protective Association Goals
Mission: Preserve our lakes for future generations.
* Control invasive species.
Hire scuba hand pickers for Eurasian Water Milfoil
Based on Onterra’s findings, hire Lake and Pond Solutions to treat chemically
Hire part-time boat monitor (along with town) to promote
Clean Boats, Clean Waters plan
Trap rusty crayfish as needed
Help control nuisance species such as muskrats and carp
* Maximize resources through collaboration with governmental and other organizations including the Town of Belle Plaine, Shawano County, the DNR and the Sportsman’s Club.
Continue current five-year invasive species grant
Apply for grant to provide a trail along Highway Y to provide safe access to pedestrians and bicyclists
Apply for grant under DNR “Healthy Lakes” program to provide better fishing and reduce storm water runoff into lakes
* Enhance sense of community.
* Provide environmental awareness to protect lake.
Encourage best practices such as shoreland restoration, composting and building rain gardens
Provide educational materials on lake living to residents
Perform water testing to monitor health of the lakes
* Promote boating safety.
Hire Shawano County Sheriff’s Department to periodically provide a boating safety patrol
Encourage boaters to observe safe practices including observing slow no-wake zones
* Keep residents informed about local news and issues.
Edit and send Belle Plaine News and Events newsletter to every resident and property owner four times annually